Sorry that it has been a week since my last post. I try to post more frequently but this past week I was on the road for a couple of days and somewhat busy with household projects. So to make up for some lost time I’m making a quick post with some uniform illustrations. Like so many of the pictures I’ve found on the web I’m not sure what the original source is. They were painted in 1995 and the artist’s name is D’Ordey (or Diordey, or D’Lordey) but I cannot find any references to him on the internet. Please leave a comment if you have any clues on the origin.
I’ll try to pick up the pace a bit on this blog but it IS summer after all–kids are home, garden is exploding, the local pool beacons, meat needs grilling and beer needs to be swilled. Nevertheless, here are some of the things I’m working on for future posts.
- P. C. Wren’s Foreign Legion books
- Painting up my Armies in Plastic Foreign Legion Figures (W.I.P. pictures)
- Book review of Bennett Doty’s book “Legion of the Damned”
- News articles relating to Bennett Doty
- Recent finds on Galica (Legion unit histories)
- Movie review of “The Desert Sands”.